IT Support Technician
Opportunity to work for a Global Lifescience business
Newly created role for an expanding IT function
About Our Client
My client are a global Life-sciences business with their European HQ in Ayr. Due to recent acquisitions they are looking to expand their IT Support offering to support an increased workload. This is a good opportunity for someone with 1-2 IT Support experience to join a growing business.
- Maintain a working relationship with all departments, assisting users in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Sage, QPulse, and other software packages
- Use of the company's IT helpdesk system to properly prioritise users' support requests
- Providing training to users on the correct use of our IT systems (including the helpdesk)
- Help support servers, workstations, printers, desk and mobile phones and other network devices
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Contribute to IT audit tasks and actions required for it
- Keep up to date of new technologies that may benefit our user base
- Provide backup support for the Senior IT Specialist and corporate IT team
- Work closely with the Senior IT Specialist to fulfil corporate's global IT strategy
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate with commercial experience in an IT Support environment
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, quickly responding to users' support needs
- Advantageous to have experience with key networking and security concepts
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange (on-premises/O365)
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to join a growing business that looks to promote from within.
- As well as BAU work and support duties you will be involved in company mergers and acquisitions that will allow you to broaden your technical skillset.
- This is complemented with company support in the form of professional development.