- Great opportunity to join a fantastic IT support team near St. Austell
- The role: IT support (1st and 2nd line), Troubleshooting and Configuring
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader in mineral-based specialties, oﬀering high value-added solutions to many diﬀerent industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods.
The IT Support Technician based near St. Austell, reporting to the Support Centre Team Leader. The successful candidate will contribute to the smooth operation, focusing on IT Support and computer network. This includes planning, configuring, installing, maintaining network hardware, software and communication links whilst ensuring minimal network downtime occurs. Diagnosis, resolving and documenting hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, providing end users with appropriate assistance.
The purpose of the role will be:
- To plan, configure, install and maintain IT hardware and software.
- To provide remote IT Support.
- To perform installations, upgrades & deployment of workstations to Microsoft Windows 10.
- To provide IT support for industrial plant and offices.
- To provide local assistance for the L2/L3 System Administrators (Server, Network, Application, ERP).
- To provide end users with the appropriate assistant through ticketing system.
- To perform regular site visits to remote sites with engagement with local managers for local IT Support.
- To engage with business units, production environments and managers to improve IT efficiency's.
- To identify and prioritise, and resolve end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of support functions.
- To support users in the use of IT equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To implement, manage, update and maintain IT fleet.
- To troubleshoot and problem solve workstation related problems.
The Successful Applicant
Have at least 1 years experience in IT Support.
- Have helpdesk experience, including use of internal IT Service Management application.
- Hold Microsoft Qualifications.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Workstations (7/8/10)
- Have good knowledge of MS Active Directory users, groups, policies and management.
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Services (2012/2016)
- Basic knowledge of Network Connectivity (Routers, Switches & Wireless)
- Ideally have knowledge of Industrial IT (SCADA, Industry 4.0)
- Be willing to take part in the 'Out-Of-Hours On Call' Rota.
What's on Offer
The IT Support Technician
Site based - Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Salary range between £25,000 - £26,000
On call rota is 1 out of 5 / 6 weeks
Fantastic team culture, working for a large global business who offer on-going training and progression
Great all round benefits package