- This is a superb opportunity to join the Government Property Agency's IT team.
- You'll join a growing organisation as part of a world-class IT Service function.
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency is helping transform the way the Civil Service works and reshaping the relationship civil servants have with their place of work. The GPA is a new organisation within Government, created in 2018 and is in many ways a start up. This means although it is a Government Department, many of the systems, processes, ways of working are still being set up.
The majority of the senior team have being recruited last year in Birmingham. The tech team is small (17 FTE currently) expected to grow to circa 30 this year and uses partners for a lot of delivery. The budget per annum is circa £14m, but expected to grow to circa £30m in the next few years.
- As the IT System Administration Support Specialist, you will work in a streamlined IT Service Delivery team, and provide expert end-user support to the organisation.
- You will operate predominantly within a level 2 environment, taking escalated calls from a Helpdesk, and providing technical resolutions covering Incident and Problem Management.
- The technologies that you will support will be varied, and range across an exciting number of bespoke applications that are central to the Government Property Agency's users, as well as more generalist software.
- Alongside end-user troubleshooting, you will also detect notifications and conduct monitor checks to make sure that systems are running correctly.
- You'll work in an environment that is focused on Continual Service Improvement, and possess the ability to identify process optimisation opportunities, and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- The Government Property Agency has adopted and embraced a forward-thinking and modern culture of flexible working, so you will have plenty of flexibility to work remotely. Nevertheless, it would be useful if you are based within a commutable distance of the new GPA head office in central Birmingham, should you want to benefit from any on-site collaboration where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the IT System Administration Support Specialist vacancy, you will be experienced in:
- Expert level 2 and/or level 3 support within an ITIL environment.
- Technical troubleshooting of bespoke applications.
- New user creation and account administration using applications such as Active Directory.
- Displaying outstanding communication skills in dealing with a variety of end users and their issues.
What's on Offer
The salary range is £32,000 - £40,800 which is made up of base of up to £37,300 plus a non pensionable Recruitment & Retention Allowance of up to £3,500. The package will also include the Government Pension Scheme.
When reviewing your application we will be using the experience element of the framework to assess your career history and achievements. We're looking for examples of things you have previously achieved or your knowledge in a particular field which are relevant to the role.