IT Systems Manager - IT Operations (Infrastructure)
IT Systems Manager - FMCG - £41,000 per annum
Become a key member of IT Operations managing core IT Infrastructure.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading supplier within the FMCG sector, with key relationship across some of the UK's largest consumers. You will play a key role in managing their core IT Infrastructure, which will require both a hands on aspect along with leadership of a small IT infrastructure team.
What you'll be doing..
Key responsibilities include:
The role requires a broad technical knowledge across both modern IT Infrastructure and legacy platforms. The role requires good communication across staff in all departments including the ability to manage and mentor a small team. The jobholder is required to consider costs directly related to the department such as budgeting, IT equipment spend and support contracts. The position is a challenging one to ensure that there is procedural and legislative compliance within the systems on a day to day basis.
- Day to day management of all IT Systems including all servers, workstations, network equipment and mobile devices
- Manage the IT Systems development life-cycle by from the design stage, development, user acceptance and then implementation
- Manage relationships with business stakeholders and IT suppliers to ensure systems are working optimally to deliver value to the business and are the correct fit for the future
- Plan workstreams and project work, coaching and mentoring direct reports
- Monitor and report on systems performance indicators to minimise disruption, highlight areas of improvement and reduce costs
- Act as an escalated support contact within the IT Department to manage fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents.
- Ensure data integrity by ensuring backup systems comply to latest standards and testing business continuity plans regularly
- Ensuring all IT Service contracts and certificates are maintained for critical systems and services
- Ensure continued compliance with legal and procedural requirements by effective auditing, monitoring and reporting of the relevant data.
The Successful Applicant
Your skills and experience..
- Hands-on experience of managing an IT Infrastructure
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Excellent understanding of server and storage infrastructure including virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Excellent understanding of network WAN / LAN, Wireless, firewall / security technologies
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 / Azure
- Experience of Veeam or similar backup technologies
- Experience of Databases such as Microsoft SQL and Pervasive SQL
- Self-motivation, confidence and the ability to take initiative and ownership of complex issues.
- Strong time management, delegation and organizational skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Full Driving License.
Occasional travel to secondary site in Lincoln to perform IT Maintenance and/or Infrastructure upgrades.
What's on Offer
£41,000 per annum