New opportunity to join a independent specialist IT Consultancy
Joining a growing team with a rich history
About Our Client
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced IT Technician to join a leading UK Managed Service Provider, providing IT Support to businesses in and around Edinburgh, Central Scotland and Fife. You will be responsible for managing 2nd and 3rd Line support incidents and managing the customer relationship.
You will also be responsible for device setup and configuration in the office and preparing all hardware for delivery to site. You will be involved in project work setting up new equipment on customer sites including Servers, workstations, network equipment and VOIP phone systems.
Key member of the Helpdesk support team for 2nd and 3rd line support calls.
Management of the Helpdesk service ticket board.
Ensure Helpdesk SLA's are strictly adhered to.
Providing technical and system usage advice to customers
Responsible for hardware setup and provisioning
You will be experienced in the following technical aspects:
- Working usage and technical knowledge of SME technologies, including:
- Windows 10,8,7
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office 365 Management & configuration
- Backup and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Strong networking and troubleshooting skills
- LAN - DHCP, DNS, VLAN, WiFi, VPN
- WAN - FTTC, Leased Lines, ADSL
- Working knowledge of VOIP technologies
- Hardware diagnostics
- Hardware installation - Workstations, VOIP Phones, Network equipment
- Providing end user support
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Ideally IT industry certifications
- Need to be able to prioritise appointments
- Confident, clear communication with staff and clients
- A natural analytical and problem solving person and able to learn on the job
- A confident communicator (including listening ability) and have a good telephone manner
- Excellent time keeping
- Keen to help and assist others and a good team player
- Willing to learn
- Ambitious and hard working
- Well presented, outgoing and friendly
- Able to show evidence of self-development/self-learning
- Keen to better yourself through constant learning and questioning
- Someone who has a sense of urgency - committed to delivering results
- Full drivers license
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work for an established team within a growing IT function who are looking at undertaking a number of exciting programmes of work within the business.