Java Engineer - Kubernetes, Cloud, Big Data, Distributed System
Java Engineer - Kubernetes, Cloud, Big Data, Distributed Systems
Market leading organisation with modern architecture and techniques
About Our Client
Market leading, global leader in enabling the world to best utilise Data to positively impact lives and experiences.
This is a Senior Java Engineer / Senior Software Engineer position, where you will be responsible for some of the architectural decisions. You will:-
- Help lead your fellow engineers as they tackle challenging problems such as implementing Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), building out a new cloud platform, and creating a market-leading product.
- Be comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and industry best practices.
- Treat infrastructure as code leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform.
- Design with privacy and security-first principles.
- Have a start-up personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code in Java.
- Strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them.
- Experience with developing for and deploying into Kubernetes.
What's on Offer
- Excellent base salary to £90K
- Excellent stock options provided
- Remote based initially and based in London office moving forward (when it is safe)