- Exciting Java Web Developer contract opportunity working for International Bank
- Excellent day rate contract opportunity working with Front Office Traders
About Our Client
Our client in financial services sector, has a cross-asset electronic trading platform, which helps our clients to optimise execution performance by accessing deep pools of liquidity through our client's innovative and evolving trading technology solutions. It is a globally deployed platform that services clients across Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and FX business lines providing market leading liquidity and order capture capabilities.
The successful Java Spring/boot - Microservices - Electronic Trading candidate will;
- Work closely with Front Office Traders to understand new Trading requirements, provide demos of ongoing deliverables for feedback during the product development lifecycle.
- Work closely with Sales and Traders to understand new Client requirements and provide the ability to develop and deliver those solutions.
- Work closely with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions.
- Document new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team.
- Proactively participate in the platform of our client's wider FX technical community on strategic platform enhancement initiatives, becoming an active participant in technical discussion meetings across multiple projects in the wider team as part of regular ongoing technical forums.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Java Spring/boot - Microservices - Electronic Trading candidate will have;
- Excellent knowledge of Spring & Spring Boot Framework.
- Excellent Java programming skills.
- Experience designing and developing systems within an event driven micro-services architecture.
- Experience of Java unit and integration testing practices, e.g. JUnit and Cucumber/Karate.
- Front office banking experience.
- Any knowledge of front-end technologies are an added bonus but not a requirement.
What's on Offer
Our client is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for their employees to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance their employees' personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our client's business. This is a 6 month contract with an opportunity to extend immediately. CV's under review now.