- Build and grow dev team
- On/off shore teams to grow
About Our Client
The client is in the process of expanding its development team and is looking for a development leader who can help organize the team of highly experienced developers. The team is growing substantially in size and making use of outsourced staff across geographies.Working with the business unit leadership, the role involves evolving in-house, agile and lean development process, implementing process improvements, and leading ongoing development projects on a daily basis. Processes are expected to adapt over time and the role will include retrospective and process improvement.
As new team members join the team, you will lead on boarding and integration activities within the group.
The client has an existing team of well-served engineers who have done some incredible work, however, evolution is required and new processes re expected to be put in place. This is your chance to leave a mark within a tech-savvy business. Please note this role is FULLY REMOTE!
Responsbilities include but not limited to:
- Co-ordinate delivery of working software.
- Lead the estimation, planning and tracking of roadmap and projects.
- Participate in recruitment and team growth, including onboarding and knowledge management / transfer.
- Maximize productivity during substantial team growth.
- Contribute to requirements and acceptance processes.
- Learn and Improve - familiar with retrospective.
- Contribute to the automated testing, CI and CD strategy and backlog, with the other tech leaders.
- "People-manage" the technical team.
- Work closely with product management, strategy, and technical leaders.
- Be experienced working across multiple locations
- Be experienced working with outsource partners
- Attend project meetings and communicate back any action required.
- Visit customer locations as required for successful completion of projects.
- Complete and submit documentation such as timesheets and expenses in a timely manner.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be required from time to time (exhibitions, demo's etc.).
- Provide regular status reports for executive management, charting progress against project plan act as single point of ownership for all project issues
The Successful Applicant
You will need a strong technical background, and experience, plus exposure to agile & lean processes at both a theoretical and practical level. You will need to have excellent people and management skills.
You should have a technical background that allows you to communicate with the technical team, and understand the various technical challenges that arise during a development project.All tech stack backgrounds are encouraged to apply as you will have Tech leads who will report to you, but fundamentals of SW engineering and OOP is a must and must be happy to explore.
You can be based in any location within the UK, however, on the odd occasion, a meeting in person is required you will be expected to attend.All industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply! As an FYI - The client develops in Java.
What's on Offer
In return, you will be given a great challenge to contribute and overcome, the chance to build teams across the world with a superb financial and benefits package.
This is an immediate hire and CVs under review now!