Junior BI Developer
Established utilities network operator are growing their data function
Entry level/ junior BI development opportunity for grads or data analysts
About Our Client
Industry leader in the build and provision of utility networks (gas/ electric/ water) who are investing heavily in their technology functions throughout the group as they look to utilise on the advancements in data reporting.
An equity backed business they are extremely focused on becoming the best at what they do and are putting all the necessary provisions in place to achieve this including using the best technology and hiring the best people.
Their current success has been built on nurturing and developing their own people through training and career progression.
The role holder will be responsible for translating business requirements into technical solutions across all areas of the group while maintaining and developing reports across the business.
Key duties include:
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g Qlik Sense, Power BI)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified or Experience in a similar role (e.g Reporting Analyst, Data Analyst)
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Qlik Sense, Power BI)
- Knowledge and usage of variety of data sources, specifically of generating SQL queries & extracting data from REST APIs
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Please note this role is suitable for Graduates
What's on Offer
This is an integral role working in a business that is focused on continuous improvement to drive performance. This is a role where you will be able to see first-hand the impact of your work. There is a great office environment, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. Our client rewards their employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.