About Our Client
My client is a true leader in their field, where they fund and develop low carbon heat and power solutions in the biomass sector and are currently looking to add a Junior Buyer to their team to support with all procurement activities across the business.
- Create approved requisitions and process ad hoc and annual purchase orders in a timely manner and in accordance with the MOA.
- As a procurement professional it is expected to support the finance team with ensuring all Purchase Orders are completed against the nominal structure and communicated with the Purchase Ledger for invoice processing.
- Perform market analysis, new vendor pre-qualifications, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, mini tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiate, create and expedite purchase orders. Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the SSR process.
- Support the delivery of Buyer Plans and Sourcing Strategies to support the business objectives.
- Support Senior Buyer and Procurement manager with potential contract strategies and awards for category areas of spend.
- Support the wider Procurement Team in supplier relationship management and contract management with the Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer and Stock Buyer.
- Develop and maintain required management reports, spend analysis and report value improvements as defined by the Procurement Manager.
- Participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
- Working towards or has achieved CIPS Diploma Certificate (L4) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
- Good IT skills - including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- ERP Systems Knowledge (SAGE)
- Must be a team player; the Buyer team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital.
- A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £25k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate.