Junior Legal Counsel
Working with a global business
Great opportunity for a junior lawyer to gain in-house experience
About Our Client
A leading Healthcare organisation, based in the West Midlands.
Day to day the role will require you to:
- Provide legal support for vendor contracts to be entered into between any supplier of products, equipment, services, and/or computer software.
- Draft agreements and templates; coordinate with the internal business clients to ensure proper legal documents are used; review edits proposed by other contracting parties; negotiate with other parties to arrive at mutually acceptable language; and assist business clients in finalising documents for signatures.
- Provide legal guidance on contract interpretation and other legal issues related to group purchasing and supply chain operations.
- Draft and negotiate custom pricing agreements.
- Provide legal guidance on compliance and regulatory matters.
- Coordinate responses to subpoenas and government requests for information and documents.
- Assist in the drafting of policies regarding the contracting process and ethics and compliance matters.
- Provide legal support for international sourcing initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Commercial contract law experience
- Proven ability to manage simultaneously a high volume of legal projects and a wide variety of legal issues.
- Independent handling of legal review of agreements
- Review of supplier agreements
- Knowledge of software license terms
- Understanding of product warranty terms
- Understanding of indemnities and limitation of liability provisions
- Law firm experience desired
- Health care legal experience.
- Intellectual property
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration and an opportunity to work for a in-house business