Be a part of the fastest growing category in this successful business
Candidates will have a fantastic path for progression in this retailer
About Our Client
My client is an international online retailer who are really paving the way in this part of the market and pushing boundaries. They have created a new Junior Merchandiser role to help support their existing head office team who have an increased workload thanks to their continued success
The Junior Merchandiser will have the following responsibilities;
- Trading the sales and stock performance at category level to meet and exceed sales and KPI targets.
- Managing and reacting to sales in season by maximising sales and profit with correct rebuys, ratios etc. to ensure minimal fragmentation and mark down
- Predicting sales forecasts, trends and maximising profits while controlling stock cover and commitment, for minimal mark down.
- Collating and presenting in-depth analysis in season, building towards seasonal strategy, framework and buy plan presentations.
- Working with the buyers to drive strategy and framework plans forward.
- Assessing sales performance of ranges, TV campaigns
- Maintaining awareness of competitor performance and providing indepth weekly/ monthly competitor shop analysis.
- Together with the ecomms and marketing team, understand the department's performance around conversion, visits, bounce rate, search terms etc. in relation to the sales.
- Suggesting ways to improve via maximum search variety, exposure via position on site, splashes, and promotions and email content etc. resulting in maximum sales.
- Starting to think about Managing budgets, Wssi management, OTB management with the support of a merchandiser/ senior merch.
- Managing stock levels/ risks and distribution of stock
- Suggesting stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate by category, reporting on their progress
- Handling supply/production problems as they arise
- Building relationships with manufacturers, and suppliers
- Ensuring best sellers, core lines are never out of stock
- Working with the buyers and design to deliver to the agreed buy plan and constantly monitor the progress or update any in season reviews and changes and highlighting any concerns or opportunities.
- Analysing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock
- Phasing in the stock accurately, also around key events and trend launches
- Managing the correct balance of the company financial strategy and the expectations of the customer
- Working with ecoms to ensure we are maximising sales by displaying the product correctly.
- Remain up to date with all competitors, trends etc.
- Managing, developing and motivating a merch admin on your area.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will;
- Be either an established junior merchandiser or a senior assistant merchandiser who is ready to step up
- Thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, pro-actively seeking to understand the wider business environment in which our business operates
- Ideally already has experience working is a fast fashion environment
- Is always an ambassador for the brand.
What's on Offer