About Our Client
You will not find public information about my client (just yet!) they are a health start-up in stealth mode. Their aim to make a real difference to human health and wellbeing. This is done by moving towards prevention, prediction, participation and personalisation as the dominant guardians of health and the key financial drivers of the healthcare industry.
As a well-funded, consumer-focused company who have global ambitions, you will be supported by an experienced team of industry veterans, entrepreneurs and scientists. Using ground-breaking technology that truly empowers the consumer, they are now looking to expand and build the initial development team.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineer - fast-paced, innovative, and passionate. You are logical and can develop clear action plans and communicate them with confidence to internal teams. You will work closely with the R&D, Tech, Science, Quality and Operations teams, and will use your previous experience to help translate objectives into an engineering implementation, developing and taking said implementation from specification through to implantation, testing and all other stages to a final product.
- to develop software
- to write corresponding unit tests
- to design and conduct testing protocols and procedures
- to document the software using UML
- to document code
- to maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- to identify, capture and record IP and assist with IP protection
- to present findings to colleagues and work well with a diverse multi-skilled team
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have some sort of commercial experience in python, but will also consider other OOP languages, a key skill is development and problem-solving mindset.
Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as long as you want to make a difference to the world.
A minimum 18 months of commercial software development is a must.
What's on Offer
In return you will get a business that cares about you:
As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have wellbeing in mind with:
- Competitive base salary, bonus linked with performance and share options in a rapidly growing business
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical insurance with Vitality
- Annual personal development allowance + unlimited access to Sunlight Learning & Development platform and content
- Cycle Scheme, City Bike to Hire Scheme & Tech Scheme via salary sacrifice
- Regular company socials & daily snacks
- We believe that innovation comes with different perspectives, from anybody and at any time. To help keep and grow our culture of innovation and well-being, our office provides plenty of diverse and fun activities to help give us a different perspective, when we want it via our "Wellbeing room", our on-site gym, our outdoor space and our "alternative play area/ recreation room"