Junior Quant Analyst - Investment Manager
Joining a leading UK Investment Manager
Building the tools/models to impact strategy and investment decision making
About Our Client
My client is a UK Investment Manager which has consistently out performed the markets. Currently they manage client assets in excess of £10Bn.
This role will be based in their London offices.
The key functions of the role will include:
* Supporting the the development of tools to help guide asset allocation.
* Build tools for the Portfolio Management team to improve assessing 3rd party investment products from a quantitative perspective.
* Managing data creation and storage
* Support the creation of model portfolios by supplying data to the PMs on a variety of asset risk and static data.
* Support with ad-hoc requests in support of research projects.
* Provide backup for the Portfolio Management team in creating and approving trades within the funds as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the position will have:
- At least 1-2 years of relatable experience in the form of a similar Quant Analyst/Strategy role
- A Masters of Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Studies towards the CFA would be viewed favourably
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Knowledge of one of R, Matlab or Python
- Ideally experience with VBA
What's on Offer
This role offer an exciting challenge to a Can't Analyst/Strategist who is early on in their career. You will be joining a well regarded name in the Investment Management industry who will offer the right candidate a wide ranging and challenging position.