Key Account Manager
Do you work for a manufacturer of technical products?
Do you have experince of selling to electrical wholesalers?
About Our Client
My client are the UK market leaders in Voltage Indication & Proving Units for Electrical Safety.
The key responsibilities for the Key Account Manager:
- Working from the prioritised list of top 3 National Distributors, contact and build relationships with all levels within the Distributor to promote equipment in each account.
- Grow the business with the branches of the top 3 Distributors within the geographical area.
- Get insight into the products currently promoted, the purchasing cycles and requirements required to win and maintain business within those accounts.
- Engage in specification discussions, tenders and purchase programs with their customers, where appropriate, to ensure that products are specified and used.
- Manage sales processes and supply channel so that the selected products are purchased, stocked and promoted so that they can track their consumption.
- Keep the CRM system updated, provide monthly reports of activity, current opportunities and any opportunities that can be enabled by product development
The Successful Applicant
The successful Key Account Manager will have:
- Working for a manufacturer of technical products
- Has a high level of experience selling to electrical wholesale
- Accomplished networker and salesperson with personal credibility
- A good understanding of corporate purchasing processes and how to manage them
- A good enough understanding of electrical testing and safety plus relevant equipment to be able to credibly debate with Distributors and target their customers.
- Self-motivated, good at remote team working with colleagues
- Able to close when required but play a long game if necessary
- Must have sold related products to similar National Distributors
- Must be able to travel in the UK as required to build relationships and follow up opportunities
- Working from a Home/Office environment must be self-motivated to do so.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive:
- ££30,000- £40,000 basic
- Excellent OTE
- Company car