Aiding the UK government in COVID-19 testing
Growing start- up
About Our Client
Blok BioScience is aiding the UK Government and its enterprise customers in conducting testing for COVID-19 antibodies. A laboratory facility will be set up in Milton Keynes, to enable the testing of blood samples collected from all over the UK, using fully-automated diagnostic analysers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking Laboratory Manager with strong leadership, management and technical skills, as well as a sound knowledge of QMS to be able to lead our Serology Medical Laboratory.
- Experience working in a Serology/Immunology preferred, but not essential. 10 years working in a medical laboratory will be a definite advantage.
- Experience in operating Biochemistry or ELISA instruments preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in PCR techniques, but not essential.
- Knowledge in communication protocol between computers and host Laboratory information systems.
- Experience of managing Laboratory QMS
The Successful Applicant
To provide leadership, overall management, operation, service delivery and administration of Blok BioScience's Serology laboratory to ensure that all service and operational KPI's are met at all times. This will include the introduction of monitoring systems and processes, employment of appropriately qualified personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, monitoring operations, quality assurance and analytical testing.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary
A chance to be part of the UK government COVID-19 testing
Annual leave 22 days plus Bank Holidays