Forward thinking company which has evolved into a fashion multichannel retailer
With over 20 years of experience on the high-street.
About Our Client
First Established in 1957, Roman is a family run business with a clear emphasis on delivering excellent customer service and quality products.
Originally a manufacturing business they now have over 60 years of knowledge and experience within the clothing industry. They have developed into a forward thinking company which has evolved into a fashion multichannel retailer with over 20 years of experience on the high-street. Despite challenging market conditions, in 2018 Romans bucked the trend and grew YOY across both Retail and Online, with strong margin and profit results.
Strict quality control, cutting edge designs and continuous support from BRITISH MANUFACTURE are just a few of the things that make Romans so unique. As they continue to grow and expand their business and product, the need for strong talented Buyers increases.
What the role looks like:
- Ensure that supply base has the capability to meet requirements
- Negotiate with suppliers for best price whilst maintaining product integrity and standards in production
- Understand and contribute towards brand and product handwriting
- Ensure that agreed levels of good, better and best product are bought
- Review competitor activity and ensure customer / competitor bench-marking completed
- Understand profit and intake margin strategy focusing on achieved margin targets
- Continually drive newness and initiative, maximising sales and minimising risk
- Challenge and manage under-performance where necessary
- Work with garment tech to take joint responsibility for fit and quality
- Work with supply base/ wider buying team to source and develop new product opportunities
- Oversee the critical path management for the department
- Develop a broader business interest to support and work with the Fashion Director and Head of Merchandising
- Work alongside the wider Buying team to ensure the ranges are delivered within brand guidelines consistently.
- Undertaking project work when required
- Growth of online product offer through internet exclusives
The Successful Applicant
What the candidate looks like:
- Ideally 2 years at Buyer Level in a Multichannel Retail Environment
- Tangible knowledge of putting together a profitable range with a Ladies wear category
- Effective communicator, presenter and team player
- Relevant technical experience and far east sourcing/ negotiation experience
- Experience of coaching and developing others.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an autonomous environment, creating beautiful ranges from ethic sources. As the business continues to grow, so will your career.
On offer is a Competitive basic salary and package, relocation support to be discussed on a case by case basis.