Lead Asset Partner (Planned Works)
An exciting opportunity to work with an award winning Housing Association
Manage and motivate the Asset Management Team to deliver outstanding performance
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
The key responsibilities of the Lead Asset Partner (Planned Works) role will be to provide strategic leadership of the asset management directorate, which directly supports the organisations goals set out in the Silva 2018/21 Strategic Plan;
- Manage and motivate the Asset Management Team to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money, by planning and delivering on time and on budget a 5 years major works and planned programme of works for Silva Homes.
- Be able to interpret data, manage the relationship and performance of contractors and staff to deliver an agreed programme of work.
- Ensure all colleagues in the Asset Management team understand their responsibility for putting tenants and their safety at the heart of what we do.
In the role:
- You will lead the Asset Management Service to deliver outstanding planned and property investment services
- You will manage the budgets for major works and planned maintenance programmes, ensuring effective use of funds
- You will be responsible for the monitoring and managing of partnering contracts and any necessary procurement processes
- You will foster excellent internal and external working relationship to enhance service delivery.
- You will support the executive director (assets & growth) to deliver the directorate's objectives through joined-up service planning and flexible use of resources.
- You will report on the performance of the programme of works to a variety of forums
- You will monitor, manage and deliver the health and safety, regulatory and compliance functions within asset management and how they relate to the wider corporate requirements
- You will input into the development of the asset and resource strategies and take responsibility for the delivery of key strategic projects
- You will work effectively within Silva's governance structures, reporting on occasion to the Silva board, committees, and executive board; and to play a significant role in joint working with the customer partnership board
- You will ensure that customer relationships are managed effectively and in collaboration with the customer services directorate
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Lead Asset Partner (Planned Works) role will be/have:
- Able to lead, develop, motivate and manage teams of staff and contractors to deliver a planned and major works programme
- Have demonstrable experience of conducting negotiations with contractors and staff to achieve the desired outcomes
- Knowledge and experience of using an asset management database, e.g. Lifespan or Keystone
- Working knowledge of property and housing law as it relates to property management programmes
- Ability to analyse complex data from a variety of sources in order to effectively monitor, report on and plan a planned and major works programme of work
- Knowledge and experience of the management and reporting on of health and safety and compliance regulations in relation to a tenant and leasehold property portfolio.
- Work with high levels of integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Flexible and works collaboratively
- Willing to embrace change
- Live and easily commutable distance from their offices in Berkshire
What's on Offer
Silva provide a wide range of benefits that help them invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure Silva recognise, reward and look after everyone. They are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option