- Lead on Fantastic, Complex Audits with Exciting Clients
- Autonomy & Flexible Working on Offer
About Our Client
The client is a well established Council, based in Wakefield, who are looking to strengthen their restructured Internal Audit function.
The Lead auditors responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- To develop plans, assurance maps and enhance relationships within an assigned individual directorate. This will include the provision of quarterly updates to that directorate.
- Undertaking complex individual audit tasks under the overall direction of the Service Manager for Internal Audit and Risk, Principal Audit Manager and Audit Manager.
- To assist in the performance management and further development of the Internal Audit function as required by the Audit Management Team and commensurate with the post / grade.
- To deliver individual audit assignments within budget, expected timeframes (for the draft and final audit report) and quality (including relevant professional standards, such as the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards).
The Successful Applicant
The successful Lead Auditor should be;
- Post qualification experience in an audit environment.
- Undertaking audit work with minimal supervision.
- Experience of resolving complex solutions.
- Experience of planning, organising and managing complex workloads (examples of this include key financial systems, risk-based, governance, compliance and programmed audits).
- Undertaking high-level and complex audits in areas such as Corporate Governance; Value for Money; Risk Management; Project Management / Systems Development.
- Experience of utilising assurance mapping for the development of risk-based plans,
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information within a legislative framework.
- Some supervisory experience and the provision of training.
What's on Offer
The successful Lead Auditor will recieve;
- Competitive salary of £35,475-39,890 depending on experience,
- Exposure to exciting Audits and autonomy on these,
- A supportive environment,
- Excellent pension contribution of 17%.