Lead Engineer NPD
Exciting and fast growing industry, be part of the green revolution
Join an exciting growth and change project
About Our Client
This business is part of a large well respected organisation. They are at the beginning of a journey of investment and expansion. They have a strong order book and are receiving lots of interest from some major customers. Their products are in high demand in an industry that looks set to continue to keep growing.
The Design Engineer will need to lead the technical aspects of launching new products into high volume manufacture. Applicants will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the off-highway, automotive and engineering world. The NPD Lead Engineer will manage the technical introduction of products into manufacture, developing and implementing the product release process and documentation. You will liaise closely with Product & Manufacturing Engineering to ensure the designs are production ready.
The Successful Applicant
- Engineering Degree qualification or significant industrial experience.
- Experience within high volume manufacturing and involved in bringing products to market.
- Able to use root cause analysis tools such as Cause & Effect, 5 Whys, Hypothesis testing etc.
- Able to form and lead teams across various functions.
- Good analytical skills and evaluative judgement.
- Extensive applied 3D CAD experience, with SolidWorks the preferred package.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and generate innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience of and ability to lead DFMEA, DVP etc
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of PPAP process is highly desirable.
- Knowledge Six Sigma and statistical tools.
- Proficiency in GR&R and Measurement Systems Evaluation, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Capability Analysis.
- Experience of production engineering, DFMA and/or lean manufacturing beneficial.
- MS Project preferred.
What's on Offer