Lead Infrastructure Consultant
Employee owned IT Consultancy with a Glasgow base
Opportunity to work in a Senior Infrastructure role with a varied client base
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnered with an IT Managed Services Provider with a growing market presence in Scotland. Having built a core team in Glasgow over the last few years they are now seeking a Technical Architect to lead on the solution design and delivery for a varied client base.
A 'people first' ethos allows our client to focus on their employees who in turn look after their clients.
All of their people are empowered to make their own decisions with a strong support network from the business. Time and utilisation are not how this business measures its output; achievements are.
The role involves leading a project delivery team working with colleagues to influence technology strategy for clients as a result of changing business needs. It will require you to use your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor junior members of the team.
It is far from your average consultancy role and you will be working with a variety of our clients. They range from smaller single-site organisations to large multi-nationals. The working hours are flexible to fit the client's needs and priorities, managed by you. The operating environments of our clients are often complex, geographically dispersed and business critical.
We are looking for a unique individual with substantial industry experience who can build trusted relationships at all levels of an organisation and has a good blend of in-depth technical, IT operations and support expertise.
If you enjoy a varied environment, and working with customers to solve their problems, then this is the role for you.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate programmes of work
- Experience of working in an IT operations or similar role
- A good and demonstrable understanding of the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, System Center, and general Windows Server technologies is required
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing service management frameworks such as ITIL, and a good understanding of where and how to apply these.
An exceptional candidate should also demonstrate experience of aspects such as:
- A track record of project management
- Specialist technologies such as Azure, AWS, Citrix, O365, VMware, and Veeam
- Delivering service improvements utilising frameworks such as ITIL
What's on Offer
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications