Lead Procurement Partner
Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Ensuring Procurement Lifecycle is Managed Effectively
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent leading social housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, we are continuing to significantly invest in our customers' homes and improving the services we provide to them. We own or manage over 7,500 properties in and around Bracknell and are providing around 200 new homes each year. We have an annual turnover of over £45m and spend over £15m each year purchasing works, goods and services.
- You will lead, transform and deliver the procurement strategy providing best practices, tools, guidance and support aligned to business and operational requirements
- You will provide support to the business to ensure procurement of works, materials and services provides value for money while delivering targeted cost savings
- You will document, publish and ensure compliance with procurement procedures which are efficient and effective while ensuring regulatory compliance
- You will manage a new supplier on boarding and contract performance management programme to include SLA and KPI implementation
- You will ensure the contract register is kept up-to-date and is used effectively to support risk management and the procurement programme
- You will ensure procurement support is provided to other improvement projects across the business
- You will lead the purchase-to pay function ensuring all key accounting activities are met e.g. purchase orders, commitments, receipts of works/goods/services, recording and settlement of amounts payable
- You will lead the improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the purchase-to-pay function.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience of reporting to executive level within organisations
- Experience of collaborating widely across organisation as well as with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of delivering measurable improvements in value-for-money through successful management and improvement of the procurement-to-pay and supplier contract management life cycle
- Experience of working in social housing or businesses with one of more similarities (e.g. physical asset-based, property development, property maintenance, regulated, charitable etc)
- Excellent verbal, written and numerical communication skills
- Strong digital skills, including experience of MS Office
- High levels of attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Approachable, friendly and with a commitment to delivering a high-quality experience for customers and colleagues
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change.
Qualifications and other requirements
- CIPS qualification
- Driving license with own transport preferred.
What's on Offer
Silva provides a wide range of benefits that help invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure Silva recognise, reward and look after everyone. They are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas.
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards.
Looking after you
- 28 days annual leave
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and well being activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option.