- Working with emerging technologies combined with significant investment
- Position is available due to a promotion
About Our Client
The client is a global consumer manufacturing business who is looking to further empower their team and customers with data insights and investments in technology. They are committed to a sustainable future, passionate about ED&I and supportive in career and personal development in an agile and outcome focused environment.
About Your Role:
Your position will allow you to engage across the business and pool resources within the Architecture and Data Architecture functions. You will work together on best practice and investment/improvement opportunities ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose, now and in the future. You will work closely with the design authority lead to review plans and mitigate risk. This will closely tie in with the planning team, looking to to support On Time Delivery in Full.
Part of your position will be increasing the businesses data capabilities and support in enabling strategy through the design of robust, reliable, performing and cost-effective technical solutions.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to appreciate short term vs long term goals and take both tactical and strategic decisions.
- Great communication skills, ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with technical solution design, in particular in the cloud and within Microsoft Azure.
- Understand of overall IT system design, in particular networking, authorization and authentication protocols, data security, disaster recovery
- Strong experience and knowledge of data and analytics concepts, with particular focus on Data Warehouses, data lakes, Lakehouses and big data concepts
- Understanding and appreciation of cloud infrastructure cost drivers and ability to manage and optimise infrastructure costs
- Knowledge at admin level of big data infrastructure, in particular Spark and strong ability to troubleshoot.
- Understanding and hands on experience on PowerBI \ Analysis Services datasets creation and management; knowledge of DAX and PowerBI dataflow a big plus.
- A deep understanding of ETL\ELT tools and techniques
- Knowledge of data modelling and in particular performance driven data modelling and architecture is a plus
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure stack (essential)
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Microsoft Azure tools for data engineering (including Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Integration Runtimes)
- Knowledge of Data Science, Machine Learning and AI tools, techniques and methodologies is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the latest technologies to process large amount of data (Apache Spark; Databricks is a plus)
- CI\CD pipelines and code management knowledge, familiarity with tools like GitHub and Azure DevOp
What's on Offer
A competitive negotiable salary range is available, which will be disclosed on application. Combined with significant benefits, including a strong bonus, substantial pension, a wide range of health care benefits, company share scheme, professional membership support and much more.
In addition, there is a wide range of options around flexible working for the future.