Lead Technical Auditor
The business is a successful food manufacturer based in Grimsby
The candidate will be in charge of all supplier auditing
About Our Client
The client is a fish manufacturer based in Grimsby.
The Lead Technical Auditor will:
- Manage international supplier / raw material audits.
- Management of supplied material quality issues raised by the factory.
- Work with factory and suppliers to ensure problems are effectively resolved.
- Instigate and implement effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Continually aim to establish and implement activities which support the movement to a supplier quality regime which reduces the need for upstream inspection and testing activities.
- Plan, conduct and fully document first article inspections on new and updated parts to ensure compliance to the drawing specification.
- Work with suppliers, plan, conduct and document appropriate activities to assure the continued quality of parts.
- Take responsibility for closing identified supplier related NCR's in a sustainable and timely fashion.
- Manage supplied material quality issues raised by customers.
- Working with installed base and suppliers to ensure problems are effectively resolved and investigations are fully documented.
- Conduct approval and surveillance audits in line with the requirements of ISO9001 or ISO13485 and the Quality Agreement in place with the supplier.
- Carry out capability assessments of potential suppliers in response to Procurement strategy.
- Provide quality management support to supplier re-sourcing programs.
- Provide technical support to supplier re-sourcing programs.
- Help identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans for business continuity.
- Support and contribute to the supplier approvals process.
- Where appropriate, promote and drive the use of global best practice quality assurance tools used by suppliers.
- Where appropriate, write, issue, negotiate and agree supplier quality agreements.
The Successful Applicant
The Lead Technical Auditor will have/be:
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Proven Supplier Quality experience.
- Manufacturing / Engineering experience is essential.
- Lead Auditor Qualified.
- Food manufacturing experience is necessary.
What's on Offer
The Lead Technical Auditor will work in an FMCG environment and have a competitive salary and have the chance to travel internationally.