Lead Technical Manager
Be part of an exciting joint venture
Senior member of a brand new team
About Our Client
Well known retail organisation currently going through a huge growth phase.
The key responsibilities of the Lead Technical Manager are:
- Managing and overseeing all Own Brand Product Safety, Quality, Ethical compliance, sustainability and reporting
- Deliver the NPD pipeline on time
- Deliver and maintain Technical Governance Policy
- Ensure all Technical KPI targets are managed day to day and met
- Manage the Technical team
- Responsible for maintenance & development of the Freefrom range
- Implementing and retaining the company's high technical standards across all categories.
- Developing and maintaining a high performing team
- Engaging with stakeholders to maintain of Product Safety, Compliance and Quality into everything we do.
- Managing the supply base for:-
- Sourcing with integrity
- Maintain quality against QAS benchmark standards
- Maintain agreed product margin
- Building strong partnerships and develop efficient ways of working with the supply base.
- Develop rigorous benchmarking and performance monitoring processes
- Work with and support Buying teams to manage small branded suppliers to review and control supplier and product risk.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Lead Technical Manager will:
- Have Technical Management experience within Retail Technical or Product Manufacture
- Food technology (or similar) degree
- HACCP qualified (ideally Level 3 or above)
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
- Lead Auditor qualified is preferred
- Adept in product risk and crisis management
- Experience in writing and embedding policy
- Demonstrable Microbiological risk management
- People management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and web-based systems.
- Ability to interpret data and act upon it.
- Adaptability within a fast growing company environment.
- Focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- In depth knowledge of food law
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and very attractive benefits package