Lead Web Developer
Largest transformation in the organisations history
Opportunity to be part of a great team offering real progression
About Our Client
Michael Page are working in a retained partnership with the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS) in the recruitment of a Lead Web Developer based from their Edinburgh HQ.
Reporting to the Application Architect & Head of Business Applications, this role is critical to the strategic development of the organisation's application services in line with its digital strategy and complementary to justice sector initiatives.
SCTS offer the opportunity to work for a prestigious organisation with an exciting career path as they undergo their biggest modernisation programme in over a century. Recent programmes have included;
- The upgrade of the IT infrastructure
- Record levels of excellent customer service & satisfaction
- Achieved a successful merger of the courts and tribunals' administration
- Implemented the civil court reform programme including the creation of the Sheriff Appeal court and the all-Scotland personal injury court.
"We place digital innovation at the centre of our service delivery, making sure that courts and tribunals maximise the opportunities afforded by technology to create better processes, provide easy access and sharing of information, and provide courtrooms with the technology to minimise physical appearance and support quicker outcomes."
The IT department support the IT applications and infrastructure with in SCTS, supporting Judiciary & SCTS staff in the execution of their day to day jobs.
The web team work closely with Corporate Communications and there is regular direct contact with users of the intranet sites and managers of content for the internet site.
- Development and maintenance of the intranet site for the Scottish Court Service
- Development and maintenance of the current public facing Internet sites
- Identify process optimisation opportunities within web/applications in the area of responsibility and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions
- Advises on best practice on standards and methods, ensuring compliance, and maintains technical responsibility for all the stages and iterations of a web/application development process
- Creates the specification and design of systems to meet defined business needs
- Undertaking browser based application developments using .Net
- Advising the ITU function and stakeholders in relation to internet and browser based technologies
- Analysis of user requirements for Intranet facilities and user consultation
- Assisting other web staff in day-to-day user requests for content change
- Liaising with Scottish Court Service Head of Corporate Communications and the web user group
- A substantial amount of discretion and self-management in terms of work priorities and decision making
- Responsible for self-managing education and maintaining skill levels with current technology
The above lists are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be requested within the scope of the post.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong hands on experience of using the most appropriate modern standards and practices (e.g. web development, testing etc)
- Skilled in solving web related incidents/problems using modern software tools / technologies
What's on Offer
Training and Development
All Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service staff will receive:
- Local and corporate induction training
- On the job training
- A Personal Develop Plan (PDP) as part of regular performance reviews
- Personal online access to training courses and development programmes which are available to Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service staff
The Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service is also an:
- Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited Centre
- SQA Approved Centre
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary for this role the following is also on offer;
- Working for a prestigious organisation
- A generous pension scheme
- Award winning family friendly employer with supportive policies and flexible working to help balance work and home life
- Generous annual holiday entitlement on entry
- Onsite gym
- Financial support & staff discounts