Broad based role - opportunity for a lawyer to develop their skill set.
Opportunity to work on high profile and varied commercial work.
About Our Client
One of the major players in its field, Angel Trains, is a financially successful company which relies upon just over 130 employees to ensure the best return on its £3.4Bn asset base. It has an exciting new opportunity for a mid level lawyer with commercial acumen looking to play a key role in keeping all assets on lease.
Reporting to the General Counsel and working as part of a small in-house legal team, you will provide legal advice and support to the key stakeholders of the business. You will be gaining experience in the core areas of the business by undertaking the following type of work:
- Providing strategic legal advice on contractual, intellectual property, information technology, regulatory, competition law and safety related issues
- Drafting a wide range of commercial contracts including, amongst others, leasing agreements and engineering or construction type contracts, amendment letters and variation orders, consultancy agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Assisting the commercial and contract teams in their negotiations with external customers and regulatory authorities
- Co-ordinating external legal services and working in line with budgets and targets set by the General Counsel
- Providing in-house training on key issues and contributing to the drafting of standard legal documentation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should be a qualified lawyer with 5-6 years PQE in commercial/engineering/construction contracts and should have spent time in-house, either in a full-time role or on secondment from private practice. In addition, you will be a pragmatic, gregarious individual with exceptional communication skills and the confidence to work with clients and colleagues at all levels. You will possess a "can-do" attitude and will be keen to integrate fully into the business.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary and benefits package as well excellent work balance.