- Legal and governance expereince?
- Looking for a Permanent role?
About Our Client
The Charity is independent and focuses on enhancing and improving the quality of patient care beyond that achieved by routine NHS funding, plus on health initiatives for the wider community.
· Responsible for Company Secretary compliance function
· Support production and collation of papers of meetings of the Board(x4), Remuneration & Nominations Committee (x3)
· Take comprehensive minutes at Board and Remuneration & Nominations Committee meetings capturing all action points using a traffic light system. To take minutes of Finance Sub Committee(x4) as and when required
· Draft minutes for review by the Executive Team within 2 working days and within 5- 7 working days circulate to the Chair of the Board and to the Chair of respective sub-committee for review and approval
· Distribute/circulate meeting minutes accordingly.
· Maintain and update the Governance Manual- Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Matters arising for Board, Terms of Reference of Committees, etc.
· Support administration around Trustee appointments (recruitment process, appointment requirements and induction)
· Maintain schedule of Trustee terms of office and inform DFO/CEO/REMNON of upcoming renewals for Trustee appointments
· Support Executive Assistant, SLT to organise annual meeting schedule for Board and Committees, ensure it is in line with Terms of Reference and cycle of activities for each of the Committees and Trustee Board
· Liaise with Trustees around administrative matters in general
· Keep abreast of developments in charity governance and ensure the organisation's governance is in line with best practice
· Ensure all legal documentation work is signed off at the appropriate level
· Ensure relevant statutory registrations are in place and current- Charity Commission, Companies House, etc.
· Manage and lead on renewing the organisational insurance policies ensuring the organisation receives the cover it needs with value for money
· Support DFO to ensure compliance with legal obligations on data protection (GDPR)
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced and efficient individual, happy to be flexible and to take on varied workload, and to work to deadlines. You will have sufficient confidence and experience to be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to take the initiative. Given the confidential nature of much of the information you will be handling, discretion is imperative.
You will be an individual with a broad experience of Governance, Legal/Company Secretarial and Compliance research on statutory/regulatory requirements in context of charity.
What's on Offer