£33,000 - £35,000
Are you a Paralegal passionate about media and wanting a career in-house?
Do you thrive in a fast paced, commercial environment?
About Our Client
A media company based in central London
- Assist with Contract management - working with legal team and procurement to keep register up to date and manage the supplier onboarding process
- Assist with/prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements, prize draw T&Cs and other basic, standard contracts
- Prepare simple letters and correspondence (eg enclosing documents for signature etc)
- Assist with the roll out of policy compliance assurance forms with suppliers of the business's internal policies such as Data Protection, Anti-Bribery and Modern Slavery
- Work with Newspaper Licensing Agency as part of the Online Article Tracking System programme to police third party's infringement of the business's and drafting cease and desist letters at the point of escalation; - take down notices and infringements
- Company Secretarial work - submitting annual returns; registering / resigning Directors from Companies House
- Submit quarterly Gambling Commission returns
- Prepare monthly reports for meetings
- Manage individual and team productivity levels and workflow
- Management of files, particularly disputes and litigation
- Liaising with internal clients on matters and updates
- Managing the IP register, domain name and trademark searches & registration
- Managing phone calls and internal client enquiries
- Specific administrative tasks include; filing, assisting with precedents management, documents drafting and formatting, document production, templates, macros
- Managing invoices and payments
- Preparing and assembling materials and documents for meetings, engrossing and preparing contracts for signature, including; ensuring that all schedules & annexures are attached, marking signature pages for signature
- Matter management (opening & closing client matters on the firm's client management database (Iken))
- Completing matter-related forms and documentation, including matter opening procedures, matter closing procedures, updating
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communications skills with experience of communicating at all levels, including senior management.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, be professional and flexible and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to progress issues using own initiative.
- On-the-job training will be provided; must have a thirst for knowledge and self-improvement and ability to learn and take on challenges.
- Have knowledge of, or have the ability to acquire knowledge of, the working practices in legal/compliance department.
- Sociable team player yet experienced in handling affairs of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet and Outlook, including
document formatting and multi-level paragraph numbering.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gmail and G-suite (Google docs, sheets etc) advantages
What's on Offer