Legal & Business Affairs Co-Ordinator
Are you an organised, self-motivated legal assistant looking for your next move?
Are you looking to build a legal career in Media and Entertainment?
About Our Client
My client is a multi-award winning talent management, live promotion and television production group with offices in the UK and the USA
- Ensuring the terms and status of all key production agreements are accurately reflected in a variety of contract management systems (tracking contract status, options, etc.)
- Originating and implementing procedures and systems to maximise the efficiency of the legal & business affairs team;
- Supporting the legal & business affairs team with the undertaking of all administrative tasks (including filing, arranging conference calls and meetings, making travel and hospitality arrangements, managing incoming calls, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, liaising with the operations team in respect of all stationary and/or other team requirements, etc.)
- Arranging for execution, scanning and filing of all relevant agreements
- Responsible for preparing and issuing various standard form paperwork required by the business (artist management agreements, general employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.);
- Working in tandem with the Legal Adviser to ensure new production teams starting up have all the information they need to commence production (by drafting and issuing legal & business affairs production packs including relevant template forms, guidance, delivery notes, etc.) as may be required in respect of their particular shows;
- Preparing and issuing summaries of the key financial terms to the finance team for all production financing agreements;
- Responding to queries from the distribution and/or royalties team in respect of contractual terms relating to the companies catalogue of shows (i.e. queries relating to rights, holdbacks, clearances and onward reporting);
- Undertaking legal and industry related research tasks;
- Maintaining a rights management system to track all retained distribution rights (alongside related key terms) in the companies shows;
- Assisting with keeping all corporate policies (including the Staff Handbook and all other internal policies) up to date;
- Potential to draft and review certain forms of agreement;
- Providing support as and when required on matters such as client reporting, debt recovery, data protection, trademarks and other forms of brand and IP protection, and general corporate and commercial work in support of all the various businesses;
- To update and maintain the trademark and data protection registrations as required (including liaising with trademark agents in relation to registrations/renewals).
The Successful Applicant
- Pro-active (including a desire to take ownership and responsibility for all assigned tasks), very organised and detail orientated;
- Strong communication skills;
- Self-sufficient and resourceful;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Able to read and interpret key terms in agreements in order to distil and communicate the same to the business / log in relevant trackers;
- Ability to identify and implement process simplification and enhancement opportunities.
What's on Offer