Legal Counsel-Asset management
Unique opportunity to join an internationally recognised insurance company
To be part of a large multidisciplinary team specialised in Asset managent
About Our Client
Internationally renowned insurance company. Proud of being cabable to provide their customers with life, general and health insurance, and asset management
- Provide first class, timely, commercially focused and industry leading legal service.
- Legal risk reports which summarise material legal risk issues for own area of accountability.
- Appropriate liaison and cooperation with business areas - to promote risk management reporting, control and awareness initiatives within those business units, in order to provide reasonable assurance that those business areas are controlling legal risk in accordance with the Standard.
- Active management of the instruction of external lawyers in accordance with the Supplier Protocol, with a view to minimising expenditure on external suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Good technical knowledge in areas of law relevant to asset management, with particular emphasis on product and operational matters, client take on and IMAs, distribution, trading, including knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good oral and written communication and problem solving skills (the latter applied in the context of significant commercial transactions and the management and identification of legal risk).
- Lawyer with at 3/4 years post qualification experience either within a financial services team of an external law firm or an in-house legal function of an investment management business.
- Ability to successfully contribute to major projects, negotiations and relationships with third parties and external advisers.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus benefits and bonus