- World famous tech business' non-commercial projects and partnerships division
- Unique opportunity for a charities lawyer at a leading tech / AI business
About Our Client
Our Client is a world famous technology business and the forefront of developing Artificial Intelligence technology and implementation of that technology industry and well as in wider global society for philanthropic aims.
- Manage incoming legal queries from the non-commercial partnerships team, involving other members of the legal team and/or outside counsel as needed.
- Structure, draft and negotiate agreements for a wide variety of non-commercial partnerships, including grants and collaboration agreements which could be with research organisations, NGO's governments or other not-for-profit entities.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders, including communications, ethics and policy teams, to advise on opportunities, issues and risks relating to non-commercial partnerships.
- Draft internal guidelines, policies and standard-form contracts, and create procedures and process efficiencies.
- Identify legal considerations around collaborating with partners in certain industries (e.g. regulatory constraints, policy considerations) - including advising on due diligence procedures for potential partners.
- Act as a thought partner with the team to advise on strategic implications of partnerships and future opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Lawyer, preferably in England and Wales or the US. As a rough guide the expectation is that this candidate will have PQE between 2 and 7 years (this is due to the work on offer and existing team structure), however, applications at all levels of PQE will be considered/
- Prior in-house experience at a technology and/or research development organisation working side by side with the wider company to counsel on a variety of commercial legal issues.
- Interest or experience in innovative technology, including in the field of artificial intelligence research or deployment of machine learning systems.
- Experience of working with or an interest in NGOs, charities, academic institutions and/or the public sector.
This is a unique opportunity for a lawyer with charities / NGO experience and expertise to work within the tech sector. It is an interesting role, with a strong moral purpose.
What's on Offer
For further details of the extremely competitive package which comes with this position, please contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal for a conversation in confidence.