- Not for profit organisation promoting sustainability & fighting climate change
- General commercial - high level, high profile & international work
About Our Client
Our client is a global not for profit organisation which partners with large corporates providing services relating to climate change goals and sustainability targets.
Working in a friendly and supportive environment you will quickly have the autonomy to lead on a wide range of legal matters, working with colleagues around the world from all parts of the organisation. The focus of the Legal Team's work is commercial law but the Legal Function encounters a huge variety of issues relating, for example, to charity, competition, data protection, employment and IP law.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Group General Counsel in managing the Legal Function and delivering a first class, cost-effective service to the organisation
- Developing strong relationships with peers and staff across the organisation to ensure a thorough understanding of the organisation's operations and priorities
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts (e.g. terms & conditions, data licenses, SaaS contracts, NDAs, MOUs etc.) and grant agreements
- Advising on a wide range of other legal issues, including instructing and working with external counsel on specialist areas as necessary
- Acting as a key project team member on significant transactions and projects
- Helping to develop processes to ensure compliance with legal obligations
- Helping to build processes for the efficient provision of advice to colleagues across the organisation, including implementing new ways of working, improving existing precedents and developing new ones and providing training to colleagues outside the Legal Team
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a UK or Common Law Qualified Lawyer (Solicitor or Barrister)
They will be likely to have at least 2+ years' relevant PQE with expertise in commercial law and in-house experience gained either in a law firm which is Chambers Ranked for commercial or charity related legal services or, as a commercial lawyer in the in house legal team at a respected organisation.
- Legal operations expertise
- Intellectual property, data protection and charity law expertise
This role is available on a permanent, FTC or day rate contract. Candidates at all levels of PQE will be considered.
Please note as part of the application process, candidates will be asked to draft a covering letter, explaining why they are a good fit for post in terms of their expertise and motivations to joining the organisation.
What's on Offer
For further details on the package available for this role, please get in touch with the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.