Legal Counsel - Construction - Global developer - 10 yrs+
Legal Counsel - Construction - Global developer - 10 yrs+ (London)
World famous development business - high level projects across the UK
About Our Client
Our Client is a multi-national development business working on high profile projects throughout the UK.
The responsibilities with this roles in
- To provide legal support on proposed / active construction projects including the review and negotiation of main contract terms (based on JCT/NEC[FIDIC] standard forms as well as framework arrangements), stepping down of terms into sub-contracts and consultant appointment;
- To support the Head of Legal in people manager and team matters- this is not a people manager role.
- To provide general commercial legal advice to the business.
- Provide support, including management/ coordination, on contentious matters including dispute resolution via mediation/ adjudication/ arbitration/ litigation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be likely to be a UK or common law qualified lawyer, with at least 7 years post qualification experience gained in either private practice or at a construction or infrastructure business.
They will have experience of:
- negotiating construction and project documents relating to integrated development and construction projects;
- working with the commercial teams on projects in delivery;
- giving advice on Construction Act claims and dispute management and as such some litigation experience would be beneficial.
Experience of having worked in non-UK jurisdictions is also an advantage.
Understanding of new methods of construction or product liability is an advantage.
What's on Offer
Salary + Car allowance + bonus and other non-monetary benefits