- Junior to Mid-level Construction Counsel - High profile projects
- Non-contentious focus but applications from Construction Litigators considered
About Our Client
Our client is a sub-contractor which provides bespoke construction services for architecturally complex projects. This organisation has worked on some of the highest profile projects in the UK and the world.
The responsibilities with this role include the following:
- Preparation, review, tendering, negotiation, agreement, administration, termination and settlement of standard form and bespoke construction contracts with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and third parties
- Provide legal and contractual advice and support to project managers, members of their teams, and officers within the Group
- Develop professional knowledge and skills relevant to the role including background study and attendance on relevant courses with the support of and as reasonably required by the Employer. Share this within the team and disseminate through internal training events and by other means
- Prepare, check, issue and obtain approval of reports, assessments and other documents as may be required by Employer or Group procedures. Liaison with officers of the Group Risk
- Management and Legal Department and other relevant departments within the Group
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all contracts, warranties, guarantees, bonds, and other similar agreements
- Assist the Risk and Legal Department Manager and Group Risk Management and Legal Department to procure, administer and review all insurance covers relevant to the Group in the UK
- Procure, liaise with and supervise external lawyers and contract and claims consultants
- Participate in legal proceedings and alternative forms of dispute resolution
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a solicitor, qualified in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction.
They will be likely to have around 4 - 5 years PQE
- experience in the Construction Industry, a good working knowledge of contract law and specifically construction law and good experience in negotiating contracts within the construction industry, including at design and build sub-contractor level; and
- experience of working independently on specific tenders and projects.
This role is non-contentious in focus but the Hiring Manager is open to considering lawyers who have experience in contentious construction matters or a mix of contentious and non-contentious construction expertise.
What's on Offer
For further information about the salary, benefits and paid travel on offer for this role, please apply to this advert or alternatively call the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Legal for a conversation in confidence.