Legal Counsel- Employee Share Plans
Fast Growing large in-house legal team
Excellent salary and benefits for a role based in the South West.
About Our Client
A leading global Fin-Tech business with head quarter's in the South West.
- Deliver expert proactive, efficient and robust legal advice to a range of stakeholders on a variety of employee share plan related topics across multiple businesses and countries.
- Think creatively to find domestic and international solutions which support the success of our business.
- Draft and negotiate agreements, contracts and other legal documents that minimise risks and maximise legal rights.
- Provide internal training and help enhance the legal resources available to our stakeholders.
- Instruct, manage and interact with third parties including external counsel, regulators, public authorities etc., creating relationships of trust.
- Assist with product development and the integration of new businesses.
- Proactively evaluate processes and procedures, identifying risks and non-compliance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build and maintain networks internally and externally around the world.
- Continue to keep abreast of trends and developments.
- Plan and execute legal support for large projects as well as supporting day to day business activities.
- Work closely with other share plans specialist lawyers and support a broader team of lawyers as required.
The Successful Applicant
- UK qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with at least 5+ years PQE.
- Significant specialist share plans experience within a recognised incentives practice at a national or international law firm, accountancy firm or other professional services firm.
- Substantial awareness of structural considerations impacting share plans including regulatory, tax and off-shore issues.
- Deep familiarity with general legal principles and procedures of English law.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Experience in drafting and negotiation.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, adapting style to suit audience.
- Well organised and able to prioritise and manage competing workload demands.
- Confident and assertive while remaining approachable.
- Adaptable and able to take on variety of tasks.
- Able to drive things forward both independently and as part of a team.
What's on Offer
My client offers 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan and a flexible employee benefits scheme which also includes the option to buy additional annual leave.