- Exciting In-House Opportunity
- Fantastic opportunity to join the team in a global Media Company
About Our Client
MBS Equipment Co. is a world leading provider of lighting equipment and studio facilities to the film and television production industry worldwide. Our service combines decades of experience with an unrivalled collection of cutting-edge production solutions that embrace both the conventional and the very latest in advanced lighting technology. Through ongoing investment in people and products we have created one of the industry's premier lighting rental resources, perfectly placed to service any production type anywhere in the world.
- Lead, motivate and develop the legal function and set legal objectives for the department.
- Review of customer proposed terms and conditions working closely with the country teams to provide comprehensive legal support across the regions. Support local and group management to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions.
- Serves as the legal point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations. Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate general non-sales contracts such as: NDAs; consultancy agreements; and collaboration agreements.
- With the support of Group Legal, advise on matters pertaining to compliance and governance.
- Managing drafting, evaluation & negotiation through to execution business asset purchase and sale purchase agreements.
- Manage legal entities to ensure their compliance with applicable laws and changes required to maintain the same, supporting group projects such as restructuring, reorganisations, financing transactions and investment.
- Provide strategic advice to the internal HR Team by advising on all aspects of employment law, employment related litigation and mediation issues, and transactional matters e.g. TUPE.
The Successful Applicant
- Senior Legal or General Counsel or Senior Associate level with minimum 4-6 years PQE experience from major brands or law firm.
- Have a broad understanding of all aspects of commercial law and solid international experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, proven ability to manage a team, external counsel, and internal clients.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with problems in a pragmatic and logical way.
- Have excellent negotiation skills, a good attention to detail and proven drafting ability.
- Ability to lead, take responsibility and act autonomously including an ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments.
- Skilled to work in highly competitive sectors and a fast-changing environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience of home entertainment and construction industry is desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.