- Legal Counsel - Global Logistics Co (Healthcare Sector) - 5 years PQE+
- Rapid growth sector, global brand, Commercial, Transactional and Project work
About Our Client
Our Client is a globally recognised and diversified logistics brand.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal support and risk management services to the business. Working closely with stakeholders at all levels of the business, Legal Counsel will be required to establish excellent working relationships and liaise closely with a wide range of both external and internal contacts, including:
- Client procurement and legal representatives and supplier and subcontractor representatives;
- Group management and staff including the Group Business Development Team, Regional Managers and Branch Managers and professional advisers employed by the business
The role will involve advising on a wide range of day-to-day legal issues, typically including:
- reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts such as client framework agreements, supplier and subcontractor agreements, confidentiality agreements and various terms & conditions;
- commercial property work reviewing and negotiating leases for branch offices and warehouses worldwide;
- general corporate legal matters that may include internal Group corporate matters, restructuring and potential Group acquisitions;
- advising on privacy law and compliance as it relates to the Group;
- assisting with various aspects of company secretarial work; and
- further development, maintenance and updating of legal systems and records.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is likely to:
- be a UK or Common Law Jurisdiction qualified lawyer or have strong experience in the UK market.
- have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience
- have trained and practiced within a top 50 Chambers Ranked Law firm.
- They may have practiced within a respected in-house legal team following qualification.
- commercial contracts expertise is essential.
Experience in logistics, the freight forwarding, NHS supply chain and other related sectors will be looked upon favourably.
What's on Offer
For further information about the package on offer with this role, please contact the retained agent for this role, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal (London) or simply apply to this advert.