Legal Counsel, Infrastructure/Construction Co, London
In house Legal Counsel (Construction) - 1 - 5 years PQE
National Construction Co - Canary Wharf London
About Our Client
Our client is a major force in the UK infrastructure and construction industry and respected brand.
You will provide commercially-minded and pragmatic legal advice in a timely and appropriate manner on a range of external client tenders, contracts and projects, primarily in the contracting context for the company's power, utility sector services infrastructure markets (eg: Power projects, Gas & Water frameworks, Rail infrastructure construction, plant operation and technology development).
You will also undertake contractual reviews, drafting assistance and transaction management of construction, EPC and project management services contracts.
Leading negotiations in conjunction with commercial colleagues will be a core part of the role - including on a range of:
- upstream contracts with external clients (construction contracts, services contracts, framework arrangements); and
- downstream with supply-chain stakeholders (sub-contracts, purchase order terms and professional services appointments).
You will also provide legal support in relation to contentious matters:
- legal support in relation to all forms of commercial and legal dispute management and resolution, including overseeing and managing adjudications as directed by the Senior Counsel;
- Assist and support panel law firms in relation to health and safety or environmental prosecutions within UK.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is likely to:
- be a UK qualified lawyer (or a lawyer qualified in an equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction)
- have between one and five years of post qualification experience, ideally with some PQE gained in house.
- have knowledge and experience which has been gained working within the infrastructure sector and the construction industry (client-side or contractor-side) and construction contract forms (JCT, NEC3, etc) is helpful, but not essential.
- have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Excellent package, bonus and benefits including a car allowance