- General commercial work in the energy (biomass and fuels markets)
- Large degree of remote working on offer
About Our Client
Our client is one of the best known energy generation and distribution businesses in the UK / US.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of high-quality and timely legal advice to the commercial teams in the business more to ensure delivery of its strategy in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Legal Counsel will assist in the negotiation and drafting of a wide range contractual matters such as tenders, customer supply contracts, corporate power purchase agreements, contracts for the sale and purchase of renewable certificates, electric vehicle propositions, commodity trading agreements, fuel supply sale and purchase agreements and logistics contracts relating to biomass supply chain.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and/or support drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts which will range in value, complexity and strategic importance.
- Identify matters risk for escalation and resolution and advise on ongoing contractual and operational matters, including disputes.
- liaise with the relevant management team and other members of the business to deliver successful business outcomes. Support other lawyers also working on legal matters for the commercial teams.
- Work with external counsel to drive successful outcomes on legal matters and achieve value for money.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be likely to have between 2 and 4 years PQE*
They will be UK or Common Law Qualified.
The role holder will have relevant legal professional qualifications and experience working in a corporate/commercial environment, ideally in-house.
Energy market experience is preferred but not essential.
*NB: applications at all levels will be considered but the work and salary on offer as well as the organisation's team structure make it likely that the successful candidate will hold this level of PQE.
What's on Offer
For further details of the salary, bonus, pension and other benefits on offer with this role, please apply.