Superb new Legal Counsel role
With international organisation Berendsen
About Our Client
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer."
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide timely, accurate and commercially focussed legal advice
- Review, draft and assist with the negotiation of commercial contracts including customer, procurement, property/equipment leasing and construction contracts
- Ensure that key terms of executed contracts are communicated to all personnel responsible for the performance and administration of those contracts
- Advise on regulatory matters including competition, company, anti-bribery/corruption, modern slavery, public procurement and transport law matters
- Within your scope of influence, ensure the Company complies with all applicable laws and policies
- Resolve commercial disputes and manage the business's response to regulatory investigations and prosecutions
- Perform Company Secretarial work
- Contribute to the development of contract formation and administration tools and procedures including contract templates, negotiation guidelines, approval and signing procedures and contract databases
- Contribute to the management and development of Compliance policies and procedures and compliance monitoring systems
- Contribute to the development of legal training programmes, and deliver legal training and otherwise develop knowledge of legal risks within the business
- Assist the Head of Legal UK to manage the Company's relationships with key regulators including the Competition and Markets Authority and Serious Fraud Office
- Assist the Head of Legal to manage the Company's relationships with legal and other service providers and to ensure they provide high quality services at reasonable cost
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates will have the following skills / experience:
- Qualified solicitor or experienced commercial contracts professional
- Proven experience in providing high calibre corporate / commercial legal support
- Drafting and negotiating experience is essential.
- Experience of an in-house legal environment is highly desireable.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary and benefits package is on offer.