Work in a highly talented legal team
An industry leader in the heart of Oxford
About Our Client
Lucy Group is a diversified international group with operating businesses across a number of sectors: Lucy Castings, Lucy Controls, Lucy Electric and Lucy Real Estate. Since its origins in Oxford, UK, over 200 years ago, the Group has grown and evolved. Lucy Group now employs over 1,400 people across offices and factories in 10 regions and trades in over 60 countries. We have achieved our sustained growth by believing in our people, investing in new products, taking brave decisions and building trusted relationships.
- Providing commercial legal advice and support to all Lucy Group companies on corporate, commercial, employment, property and intellectual property matters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements such as property contracts, option agreements, banking facilities, intra-group agreements, commercial leases, employment agreements, technology and software licences, standard trading terms and conditions, sale and purchasing contracts, templates, appointment of representatives, distributors and other partners, non-disclosure agreements, and ancillary documents in accordance with best practice and Lucy Group guidelines
- Managing the board meetings, compliance and associated actions for all of the Group's subsidiary companies
- Supporting the General Counsel with the Lucy Group insurance programme, including renewal of policies, and handling any insurance-related queries from the business units
- Supporting the Lucy Electric Lead Commercial Manager with tenders and contracts review for the various Electric group companies
- Supporting Lucy Controls with commercial risk reviews of the tenders and contracts for Lucy Controls companies
- Supporting the Group with corporate transactions, share and asset purchase agreements, due diligence and disclosure letters
- Supporting the General Counsel with the review and implementation of the legal department processes and ensuring proper observance and training as required in the businesses
- Assisting the Group to meet all legal and contractual obligations across all its locations, supporting compliance programmes and providing training as required
- Conducting research on specific legal issues and providing updates on new legislative changes affecting Lucy Group companies including via the legal pages on the group intranet.
The Successful Applicant
- Expert knowledge of company law, contract law, property and intellectual property law
- Degree or equivalent - qualified lawyer
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Microsoft Office IT literate
- Attention to Detail - thorough, accurate showing concern for all the areas involved.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement effectively.
- Good commercial acumen developed through previous experience is more desirable than specific knowledge of particular laws
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria
- Planning and organising - organises work by his/her self and prioritises appropriately while managing expectations
- Analysis and problem solving - sees range of options, deciphers and reacts positively
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
- Valuing Diversity - creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others
- Change - responds positively to change
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and development.