Excellent organisation with high level legal team and work.
Gain broad exposure to commercial/ IT/IP/ data prot etc..
About Our Client
Are you looking for a hugely varied and interesting role in an established and highly respected legal team at the heart of commercial decision making? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the autonomy to manage your own caseload? We have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Lawyer to join us, a growing, profitable FTSE listed business with three divisions, providing a diverse range of IT, technology, managed services and retail products.
* General negotiation and completion of commercial contracts to the benefit of the organisation and its subsidiaries. Dealing effectively with any post-contract legal issues that may from time to time
* Supporting sales activities, negotiating key contracts and providing ad hoc legal advice, you will also be involved in the ongoing commercial management of contracts as and when issues or opportunities arise.
* Assisting the Company in the general protection of its IP interests both in the use of third party IPR (ensuring the Company's use is compliant) and in the registration and general protection of any Company created IPR.
* General ad hoc legal support and advice (possibly including some company secretarial matters).
* Assisting with the provision of accurate and effective advice in connection with any proposed acquisitions and joint ventures made by the Group.
The role is primarily focussed on the UK business though there will be some international projects and bids (though international travel will be infrequent).
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of general commercial / contract law, or IP & IT law is essential.
* Experience of outsourcing, TUPE, major projects, public sector procurements, consumer law, regulatory issues and employment law would be advantageous but is not essential.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
* Ability to work both unsupervised and also as part of a team (both within the Legal & Commercial function and the wider business).
* Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload, often to tight deadlines.
* A willingness to be flexible, sometimes at short notice.
* Commercially astute with ability to identify key issues and suggest pragmatic solutions.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organisational abilities.
What's on Offer
Excellent development and experience in a fast growing and highly sought after sector.