Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Based near Norwich
About Our Client
Global and iconic brand. Excellent basic salary plus car allowance and bonus. For full details about this vacancy please contact Kate James on 0121 6348800
You will be an important member of the legal and compliance team and work directly with the General Counsel to provide overall support and consultancy to other departments within the business.You will support:
- Support the commercial business by providing advice on a variety of legal and compliance related matters, as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contract
- Communications with suppliers and customers, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Practice areas will primarily be focusing on commercial contracts, but will also involve general corporate governance, employment, intellectual property and dispute resolutions with the assistance of external counsel.
- Support drafting and reviewing of official corporate policies of the company and various business units.
- Collaborate with the management team to structure legal and compliance program across multiple jurisdictions with other global subsidiaries.
- Develop informational and educational programs and provide training to promote local best practice.
- Correspondence with external counsel and authorities
The Successful Applicant
You will be:
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales
- Have good knowledge of contract, commercial transactions and negotiation processes
- Excellent communication/relationship building skills with an ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Well organised and efficient with an ability to multitask.
- Autonomous, structured working method.
- Detail and result oriented.
What's on Offer
Excellent basic salary plus car allowance and bonus. Interesting and high quality work.