Excellent team and business
Broad, interesting commercial work.
About Our Client
This permanent position reports into the Associate Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for the Northern Europe business. This role is dedicated towards providing general commercial legal advice and contract support to enable and advise the UK food, defence and offshore businesses whilst mitigating risk. This role will primarily focus on providing general commercial advice, contract negotiation and drafting but will also involve providing advice on a broad range of day-to-day issues arising in relation to our business including corporate governance and compliance, data privacy, company law, property law, IP.
- Reviewing tenders for new business opportunities and advising the business on the contractual and commercial risks arising and suggested mitigations where available
- Drafting and negotiation of client contracts including service agreements, concession agreements, framework contracts, franchise agreements, leases and licences across the Northern Europe business
- Providing strategic and solution-focused legal advice that identifies and advises on legal and commercial risks and recommends mitigation of risk which aligns with delivering the company's commercial objectives
- Assisting with advising our off-shore business on international legal opportunities which arise in the Middle East, Gulf of Mexico, Denmark and UK Continental Shelf, assisting with new country entry processes, local country compliance and liaising with local counsel
- Assisting with GDPR issues which arise on client contracts and in our business, including drafting and negotiation of DPAs in conjunction with the GDPR compliance team
- Ensuring that legal risk is managed in the business and that the business complies with both internal and group governance requirements, including implementation of and training on contracts administration policy throughout the contract lifecycle from tender stage to negotiation, agreement, amendment and termination.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified solicitor with 3- 5 years PQE entitled to work in the UK
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active and commercial approach in identifying solutions and mitigating risk in a manner which supports business objectives
- Ability to work independently while understanding the importance of teamwork and collaboration
- Efficient and engaged work ethic and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Some general corporate/ commercial experience preferred
- In-house experience
- Aptitude for commercial thinking
- Strong drafting, communication and organisational skills
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits.