- Great opportunity to join a small In-house legal team
- Work on varied legal matters
About Our Client
ilke Homes has serious ambition, aiming to be the number one house builder within the next decade. These are no ordinary homes, built in a huge factory perfectly located just off junction 47 of the A1, using Modern Methods of Construction and the kind of technology applied in Formula One. They are also beautiful homes that help the environment, utilising the latest technology to make sure they are energy efficient and tread lightly on the planet.
All of which means ilke Homes is in a great position to help solve the UK's housing crisis, providing beautiful, sustainable and affordable homes, quicker and at no more cost than traditional builds. As a zero-carbon committed organisation, PageGroup is proud to be partnering ilke Homes with their major scale-up programme.
Now is the time to join this pioneering organisation, as they plan to recruit lots of new team members in the next year to support their growth plan.
- Supporting General Counsel across company secretarial, contractual and compliance at ilke, supporting learning and development training to the wider business.
- Staying up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly impact the manufacturing and construction industry and inform the business accordingly.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to employment relationships, employee benefit programs, intellectual property rights, environmental and health & safety.
- Working with the land/partnerships team on property documents for both land purchase, land sales and build/development agreements and identifying and helping mitigate risk.
- Working closely with the General Counsel and senior finance professionals and the investor team (TDR) on corporate finance projects.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial and supplier contracts, including ilke's Terms and Conditions.
- Communicating with any third-party bodies such as external counsel.
- Support in managing and mitigating legal risks by reviewing and publicising company policies and procedures on risk management and data protection requirements.
- Liaise with Insurance Brokers on day to day queries.
- Company Secretarial duties (maintaining and updating company books, shareholder communications etc) and upgrading record storage process.
- Preparing non-disclosure agreements and managing the internal NDA process.
- Support legal aspects of the business's property portfolio.
- Providing day-to-day advice to all areas of the business on all legal issues.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company, with focus on GDPR, Modern Slavery and Anti-bribery and corruption.
- Ad hoc training on legal updates.
- Providing support to the HR team on employee issues, including subject access requests.
- Supporting the General Counsel with project work and ad-hoc requirements.
The Successful Applicant
Ilke Homes is particularly interested in speaking with candidates who can demonstrate
- Commercial and contractual drafting of legal documentation.
- A general understanding of the structure of construction deals.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (UK commercial law and governance, construction law, compliance, employment law, property law etc).
- Ability to communicate precisely on legal matters/risks to non-legal colleagues.
- Ability to advise with confidence and to present to internal & external stakeholders
- Some previous Company Secretarial experience preferred
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and great benefits package that includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, shopping discounts and a company pension scheme.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
PageGroup are ilke Homes exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy and all applications, whether internal or external, will be forwarded to them.
If you're successful, you may be subject to all or some of our client's standard pre-employment checks.