- Legal Counsel (Commercial) Regulatory body in the Legal Sector
- General Commercial role with broad ranging responsibilities - 2 yrs PQE+
About Our Client
Our Client is a high profile Regulator in the Legal Sector.
The successful candidate will provide accurate, well researched and clearly expressed written and oral legal advice in a wide range of corporate, commercial and strategic policy advice as well as producing concisely drafted legal advice, agreements, and internal reports. The main responsibilities with this role are to:
- act as in-house senior legal adviser to the Regulator and to support the Head of Legal in the running of the department.
- provide high quality specialist legal advice, assistance and representation to the Regulator in respect of corporate and commercial matters and in respect of the Regulator's regulatory functions to ensure that its interests are safeguarded, and its corporate objectives are realised.
- assist in identifying and minimising legal, corporate and commercial risks faced by the Regulator.
- Work in collaboration with the organisation's Regulatory & Policy teams to support the development of legal policy, respond to consultations and provide expertise and guidance to stakeholders (both internal and external
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a UK or Common Law qualified solicitor or barrister with a current practising certificate and will be likely to have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience. You will have substantial experience of working as a lawyer in the private, public or voluntary sectors, including strategic management of complex legal and commercial issues. You will be likely to have demonstrable knowledge of the following areas of expertise:
- Corporate and commercial law
- Contract law
- Intellectual property law
This role is likely to suit a candidate working as a lawyer at a University, in central government or other regulatory body.
What's on Offer
To find out more about this opportunity and the package on offer for this position, please apply for this role via this advert.