- Paralegal or Legal Executive with strong commercial contracts management
- Rare opportunity to join an everchanging media technology industry
About Our Client
My client is a global news publisher that provides high quality, in-depth coverage and analysis of the major events shaping our world. For more than 80 years, this iconic brand has been offering readers a unique perspective on world affairs and giving context to the most important events in global news. Today, via its print and digital editions, it continues to help its readers navigate a rapidly-changing world.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work partially from home and partially from their East London office. Our London office is temporarily closed with all staff working from home due to Covid-19.
- Support the Global General Counsel, senior management, editorial, sales, finance, HR, and other internal stakeholders by providing high quality, concise contract management from inception through to execution;
- Managing auto-renew of Agreements;
- Basic drafting of agreements such as NDA's, other Precedents or Termination Notices
- Review, negotiate, draft various commercial contracts, including content, technology, services, procurement and distribution with global counterparties;
- Instructing External Counsel with regards to more specialised employment matters and;
- Managing trademark portfolio in conjunction with external counsel
- Working with External Counsel on Copyright and defamation claims including gathering/collating information internally;
- Assisting in handling various legal disputes
- Liaising and managing External Counsel in the provision of legal services in particular in relation to defamation and intellectual property
- Supporting the legal team and Global General Counsel with Legal administration
The Successful Applicant
- Paralegal or Legal Executive with existing commercial contracts management expertise
- Strong commercial contract skills
- Excellent commercial judgment
- Collaborative attitude and excellent communicator with all levels of stakeholders
- Self-starter who continually strives for improvement and is eager to learn
- Quick thinking, highly organised, and able to manage multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
- Resilient and tenacious with a positive nature and a sense of humour
What's on Offer
A permanent opportunity to join a fast paced and dynamic environment, where frequent change and adaptation is the norm. The global GC is excited to offer opportunities for the successful applicant to grow their existing skill-set, offering lots of exposure to senior stakeholders, where they can shine and personally progress.
Senior role - competitive salary dependent on experience.