- Experience working on an in house legal team?
- Looking for a permanent job?
About Our Client
My client is a US based global health care services corporation, which operates in a dozen countries across the world. The International business (i.e. outside the United States) has over 140 subsidiaries. This number increases as it acquires new businesses and companies around the world.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position; however, these are not exhaustive.Duties and responsibilities
· Support general legal corporate matters including drafting and reviewing documents
· Liaise with other lawyers in the international legal team on cross border matters
· Advising directors on their statutory duties and liabilities
· Ensure our international entities comply with their corporate governance requirements
· Prepare directors packs for Board and other meetings
· Establish and maintain an international precedent bank and know-how for
approved/agreed standard form documents for corporate documentation. Where
appropriate, assist in creation of toolkits and standardised templates.
· Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal organisational and presentation
skills, strong research and report generating skills.
· Use and maintain legal data base software.
The Successful Applicant
The following are the qualifications and certifications associated for this job position. Some are required and others are preferred.
· At least 5 years' experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department.
· Prior experience in corporate law is required.
· Bachelors in law is required. Completion of LPC is advantageous.
· Proficiency in relevant IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Project management skills - including the use of matter tracking.
· Experience with online filings.
· Document management and document tracking - use of compare, version controls.
· Solid drafting skills. Ability to draft board minutes and resolutions.
What's on Offer
Salary - £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 DOE