36.5 hours per week contracts with generous bonuses an OT!
An opportunity with a market leader in Nottingham...
About Our Client
My client is one of the fastest growing businesses in the Nottingham area, with a mixture of both a large internal fleet and also external customers. My client's main incentive is a short 37 hour working week, with standard holidays set at 33 days per year (inclusive of bank holidays). This would either suit a seasoned professional or a new-starter in the industry, with an array of relevant qualifications.
On a daily basis the successful LGV Mechanic will be required to maintain, repair, inspect and test Class 1 and 2 vehicles for a mixture of both internal and external customers. Your daily duties will include the following key areas:
- Carrying out diagnosis on both complex electrical and hydraulic systems. Along with providing solutions to fix faults.
- Conduct fabrication, welding and body work repairs as required.
- Attending broken down or accident damaged vehicles and find solutions such as running repairs.
- Assisting with the decommissioning of company fleet vehicles - such as removing equipment and livery.
- Conducting class 1 and 2 vehicle MOT's.
- To ensure health & safety and record keeping is actively updated.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate, in the LGV Mechanic opportunity, will report into the Transport & Workshop Manager on a daily basis. You will be easily commute to Nottingham and have the following skills set:
- City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent.
- 2+ years past experience working in a LGV maintenance environment
- Full driving licence with Category B entitlement.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timely deadlines.
- Ex-military technical trades are highly encouraged to apply.
What's on Offer
- 32 days holiday per year
- Private healthcare
- 5% matched pension contributions